You Are Invited
The Soul-Esteem Center (SEC) is a New Thought, metaphysical approach to practical spirituality. We respect the Divine Truth as perceived in all religions and spiritual philosophies, and offer an opportunity to journey into spiritual confidence through prayer, community, Sunday services, and an array of classes, events and activities designed to lift your spirit, nurture your soul and deepen your relationship with God.
When you walk in the front door at The Soul-Esteem Center, you can expect a hearty welcome and an inspiring and loving atmosphere that welcomes all people. A common phrase heard at The SEC is, “This feels like home!”
Rev. Phylis Clay Sparks founded The SEC in 1997 and continues as the Senior Minister and Spiritual Director.
Our mission is to inspire, encourage and empower the individual. We seek to foster greater harmony, abundance and well-being in each person’s life, thereby contributing to a better world.
The Soul-Esteem Center is a place for spiritual discovery, learning and growth; and for prayer, healing and loving community. We attract open-minded people interested in reclaiming their spiritual power, fostering their faith in God and enhancing their experience of life; people who care for each other and want to participate in the evolution of a peaceful and environmentally wholesome planet.
Sunday Sermons & Music
• April 27 Talk Title: The Dynamite Laws of Prosperity!
by Rev. Phylis Clay Sparks with music by Trina Brunk
This message is about “blasting” yourself beyond the boundaries and limits of old habits and beliefs, and into a flourishing, fabulous, fortunate experience of life! Come to a true understanding that there are spiritual laws which support this important decision and act of consciousness.
• May 4 Talk: The Basic Law of Prosperity
by Rev. Phylis Clay Sparks with music by Deborah Sharn & Steve Schenkel
This talk offers an opportunity to understand the power and scope of your actions as you align your thought, feeling and belief with the Law of Circulation and realize that you are a prosperity magnet!
Services begin at 10:30am. We offer children and teen gatherings, and toddler care every Sunday.
Events and Classes
• CLASS: The Healing Science of Prayer & Meditation with Phylis Clay Sparks, five Thursdays starting April 17 (7:00-9:30pm) - click for more info.
• Evening of Song and Chant with Trina Brunk on Saturday, April 26 (7-9pm) – Come sing and chant to the wonderful music of Trina Brunk, meet new friends and enjoy dessert and snacks (Love Offering to Trina Brunk) - click for more info.
• A Walk on the Wild Side! with Marvene Green on Sunday, April 27 (1:30-4pm) – When you find yourself in the midst of fear, frustration, anger, and even hatred, learn some incredible strategies for coping and navigating these journeys on the wild side! (Love Offering) - click for more info.
• Creating with Spirit on Saturday, May 3 (10am-3pm) – Bring your craft project, supplies and lunch and enjoy the company of others. Email Polly Lemire for more info. (No fee but a Love Offering is accepted)
• Potluck Lunch after the service on Sunday, May 4 (12:00 Noon-1:30pm) – Bring a dish to share and stay to chat.
• StreetSmart Spirituality on Friday, May 9 (7-9pm) – Make your spiritual life a daily reality by joining in on a spirited conversation as we share and learn together – click for more info.
• Women’s Group on Friday, May 16 (6:30-8pm) – Join other women in a safe, positive, emotionally healthy atmosphere to strengthen and nurture each other – click for more info.
The Amazing “Be” Attitudes
Click to see past services
This Week's Affirmation for You!
(Repeat this positive statement to yourself many times every day with feeling!)
"Today I notice the soft, whimsical, clever, and humorous aspect of God’s Love as it shines through my awareness. Today, I lighten up. I relax into what is. I notice the good in all people and in all things. I feel the rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit as my serious, opinionated self lets go and allows God to bless my experience with grace and lightness. Today I see the lighter side of everything. Thank you, God! "
Click here for more affirmations
The Soul-Esteem Center
105A Progress Parkway
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
(314) ASK-SOUL (275-7685)